Sunday, March 28, 2010

Egg Hunt

We went to Nana and Pops house in Denton this weekend for the Martino Egg Hunt. It was a blast being with cousins, and even though it was a short trip (26 hours) it was totally worth it.
We went to the county fair to see Megan auction her chickens. I have never experienced something like this before. For those of you who are not familiar with this (like I was), these kids who have been raising animals (chickens, goats, sheep, pigs, cows, etc.) for the past year auction their animals. After experiencing this, I now truly feel like I'm in Texas. Megan was so cute standing up there and ended up earning $650. It was so fun to watch and the auctioneer cracked me up!

4 comments:

Heather said...

emily! how fun! my mom said she loved seeing you guys. That picture of you and Ben is REALLY cute! I can't wait to see you soon! love ya

k.young said...

Your hair is so cute short, Em! Your girls are so darling! What a fun family tradition!

santino, polly and little dude Eli said...

I love the picture of you and Ben, you guys look so great! Miss you guys... and who's Gracie new b-friend? :)

p.s. I love Megan's sweet smile at the auction stand, she just made all the animals looked even more cute.

kim said...

Emily - you and Ben cracked us up that day! I am so glad you got this picture b/c I did not get any of the auction. I borrowed it -- i hope you don't mind!