Friday, January 20, 2012

5 Years Old

I can't believe my Gracie Girl is 5 years old. We had a "Cupcake Birthday Party" in the backyard. The weather was perfect (70 degrees) and the birthday girl was on top of the world.
This past year she has definitely grown up and I see a small change in her that shows me she is slowly turning into a "a little lady". She can make me so frustrated, but oh how I love her. To sum her up..."She's just Gracie Girl".
Grace loves to create.
Anything that has to do with coloring, art projects, and crafts have her name written all over it.
I love the free spirit that comes out of her when she is crafting.
I'm continually grateful that she is my oldest.
She has a mothering instinct and treats her little sisters so well.
It's when she's playing with Abigail or Olivia that I see her the most
giving, caring,
selfless, and comforting.
She wants to do right.
She makes sure things are the right way.
Sometimes it is frustrating
like when she has to have her bedding folded down at the right spot.
But most times its sweet to see her making good choices like
always remembering to say her prayers and read scriptures.

Sweet Gracie Girl
You've always been my one
who has stuck by my side.
You're my baby who has had to be patient with me
while I'm learning this process of being a Mommy.
Every new challenge we take together.
And many times I feel you are teaching
me more than I am
teaching you.
I love to carry you, tickle your arm at night,
do your hair, bathe you, kiss you,
sing to you, and drive you places.
I know one day I won't be doing
these things for you any more.
You are growing so fast and I want to
cherish all these moments
with you,
before they become sparingly.
Thanks for being patient with me
and loving me with all my flaws.
I love hearing you say you want to be
a Mommy like me when you
grow up.
I hope
I can live up to
all you hope me to be
for you!
Happy 5th Birthday Gracie Girl. I Love You!!!

7 comments:

Jennie said...

What a sweet post, Emily! I have been looking for this one so I could see pictures of Gracie and her party. The decorations were adorable. Love, love, love!

Brighton said...

Cute, cute party, Em! Oh, I love that Gracie girl - wish I could have seen her on her big day. Tell her I love her. You're such a great mommy!!

Karina said...

I guess you figured out that Brighton didn't write that one above...

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

I love the poem! I love she is five! I love you guys are togheter because I know you are a great mom and I bet she is an awesome daughter! Happy b-day to your awesome 5 yrs old!!

knjfabela said...

Happy birthday Gracie!!! Looks like your special day was a blast. Great job Emily.

Heather said...

what a sweet post! What an adorable party! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with yall! Happy birthday cute Gracie girl!! xoxo

grannybabs said...

I remember when my Bonny turned 5 - I thought she was the oldest, most mature little kid I ever saw. And now 5 year olds look so young to me!! I guess it's all in the perspective. You are right to treasure these times though - because they truly fly by!!