Monday, April 7, 2014

Hannah Marie Martino

Hannah's birth was the wildest, fastest, and most perfect birth of all my babies!  
On Wednesday, April 2nd I had a doctors apt. to find out I was already dialted to 3 1/2 and 70% effaced. 
 My due date was not until the 18th.  
I was a little surprised since I was feeling great, but knew that I had dilated early with all my other babies.  On Saturday I went with my girlfriends on a "Girls Day" shopping, eating, and getting pedicures in Rancho Cucamonga.  (We were supposed to go for an overnight weekend in Newport but canceled last minute just in case I went into labor).  
The next day was Sunday at I was a little tired from walking around the day before but luckily it was General Conference so we stayed home and had a nice relaxing day watching conference and enjoying being together as a family. 
The last thing on my "nesting list" was to organize the garage, and we spent about a half hour getting that done.  The whole rest of the day I felt wonderful; nothing different at all.  
I went to bed that night not even thinking the baby could possible come.  
At 2:40 a.m. I woke up with my first contraction. 
 It was pretty strong. 
 I was a little in shock that this could be happening.  
5 minutes later I had another contraction.  
At that point I knew this was the real deal and I should quickly get to the hospital since I knew I was already so far along.  
I woke up Ben, put the last of my stuff in my bag, had a friend come over to stay with the girls and off to the hospital we went.  
By this time it was 3:10 a.m. 
 In the car ride to the hospital the contractions felt stronger and I thought with each contraction I might be leaking a little fluid.
We pulled up to the hospital (where Ben left the car in the front entrance) and quickly got me in a wheelchair.  After trying to check in at the front desk for 2 minutes and Ben knowing how much I wanted my epidural he played the "Dr. Card".  
He told the nurses, "Look, I'm a Dr. at the hospital, my wife was already at 4cm a few days ago, and this is her 4th baby.  She needs a room NOW and please order her her epidural immediately ". (thanks Benny Boo)
   They rushed me over to my room where I told them I just needed to go poop (TMI?) and that would make me feel a lot better. 
 I tired to go but  had no luck.  
As I was walking back over to the bed to get my gown on my water breaks.
  By this time its about 3:30. 
 I painfully get on my gown and onto the bed pathetically asking the entire time to please just get me my epidural. 
 I was relieved to see the anesthesiologist come into the room at that point. 
 They quick check me and I find out I'm at a 10 and they can see the babies head
...its time to push.  
I start to cry a little about the fact that I don't get an epidural. 
 I don't know how to deliver babies without it.
  I didn't have time to get an IV or hooked up to the monitors or anything.  
Here we go...
I hold Ben's arm on my left and the nurses arm on my right and push through 2 of the most painful contractions ever!  
As soon as she came out the pain was immidatley gone!  
It was so amazing!!!  
She was beautiful! 
 She cried.
  I cried.  
She nursed 
and all was perfect!

Hannah Marie Martino
April 7, 2014
3:43 a.m. 
6 lbs. 7 oz and 19 in. 

Sweet Grandma, Auntie Nora, and Auntie Jen rushed to the hospital to try and make it for the birth only to miss it by about 15 minutes.  
Loved her first bath
Such a lucky baby to have 3 big sisters to love her and take care of her!
First time as a family of 6

1 comments:

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

She is perfect!! congratulations!!!