Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Birthday, Happy Mother's Day

We had another fun filled weekend. We celebrated my birthday Friday by going out to a little Italian restaurant for dinner. Heather came down to celebrate with me. Ben made me a great funnel cake for dessert.
Saturday morning we drove to east Texas to Aunt Tami and Uncle Steve's house for the "birthday bash". Gracie loved being in the country. After playing in the dirt, drinking orange soda, and not getting a nap all day she looked like a mess...but really enjoyed herself.



Ben was so sweet and took good care of me on Mother's Day. I started the day off with orange rolls for breakfast. After church I took a nice nap. For dinner he made smoothies, halibut with corn on the cobb, and a poppyseed salad. He even made chocolate souffle for dessert and topped it off with a massage. I felt like I was at a resort being pampered all day.

4 comments:

the Koch's said...

Yummy, my mouth is watering looking at your Mother's Day dinner. That picture of Uncle Steve is funny, the only thing that would make it better is if he did not have his shirt on under his overalls. I love how cute Grace looks with her pig-tails in that first picture, she looks super old.

Stephanie said...

Wow Emily! I don't even want to tell what I did on Mother's Day! But you look like you had fun!

Helena said...

Looks like yo had a great weekend and really enjoyed Mommy's Day. Your dinner looks delish and you look you even got a massage--uh la la!

Jen said...

Gracie looks like a true Texan! You guys would make dad proud!