Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Let the festivities begin...

We've been trying to soak up this time of year because it always seems to go by way to fast.

Gracie all dolled up for her friend's Christmas party
We've seen santa many times and she is slowly warming up to him but still doesn't want to sit on his lap. Hopefully before Christmas is over she'll be brave enough. The other morning the FedEx man rang the doorbell and Gracie ran to the door yelling "Santa". I think she likes the idea of Santa, but just not on his lap.

Gracie and Ben waiting so patiently for Santa to arrive on the train.
Thanks to Ben we have Christmas lights up this year. He and Gracie go out every night together to turn them on.
We've been married for over 3 years now and have never had our own stockings. I've looked every year, but just have not found anything I loved so I decided to make my own. It defeintley makes the mantel complete and Grace loves pointing out who each stocking belongs to.






8 comments:

Samye said...

I love this time of year!! Glad to see Grace is doing so well...she is getting so big!! And those stockings are precious!! How did you do the names? We are lacking names on our stockings and I love yours!!!

santino, polly and little dude Eli said...

I love those stockings! You are really good at making those!!

Stephanie said...

Wow Emily, I'm so impressed with the stockings! I've always wanted to make ours but I caved this year and bought them knowing I would never get around to it. How did you do the letters?! They look great!

Emily said...

The stockings look great and Gracie is as cute as ever!

knjfabela said...

I love this time of year also! It is so much fun with a child. I love it when Kaiya points out Santa where ever we go.

DNAgallows said...

The stockings turned out great! So much better than I could have done. The monogramming is great too! Love it, love it!

Heather said...

those stockings are SO cute Em! Gracie is just as cute as ever. I can't wait to see you guys next weekend! Love you frien!!!!

Natalie said...

Love the Stockings Emily! We miss you guys and wish you would come back to Utah to visit! Cody goes to TX a lot for his new job so I need to get your address so he can come visit (maybe I can come too)!