Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas break

We've had a very eventful Christmas break. This year we spent Christmas with Ben's family and really enjoyed ourselves (during the times we were healthy). Poor Gracie was really sick again this Christmas (as last Christmas) and spent the morning in the ER for dehydration. I was just bragging to everyone how she hasn't been sick since this summer, and of course I jinxed myself and she got sick over the break. Later in the week, Ben and I both got it, but luckily it only lasted for 24 hrs.

Poor girl didn't even want to open presents. We waited until a couple of days later.
We all went to the Great Wolf Lodge (indoor water park) for an overnight trip. Gracie loved the water (especially the hot tub).
We celebrated Gracie's birthday with all of the cousins. She loved having 2 cupcakes to eat and couldn't wait to "open presents". Six flags was another fun day. I was surprised at how many little kid rides they had. We were there from opening to closing. My little dare devil wasn't afraid of any ride. She would come of saying "more".
Other than the minor set back of being sick we had a wonderful time. Santa treated us too good, and we enjoyed spending time with family.

Luckily we ended the break on a good note with a happy little girl!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey Emily, that's sad she was sick. Neither of mine were sick this year on Christmas but they both got colds the week after. Plus Emmy was throwing up a little. It's just a yucky time of year! I got strep throat which I'm hoping doesn't pass along to the kids. It's funny, because the week before I got it I was saying, "I never get sick!" And I jinxed myself, too.