Sunday, January 18, 2009

Big Girl Bed

Gracie is sleeping in her toddler bed (at night and for naps) and has been for over a week now. It was a much easier transition than I thought it would be. Ben sang songs and laid with her the first night for about 20 minutes. After that, she went down fine (a little fussing) and has been doing great ever since. It is so cute to see her in there and it really makes her seem so much bigger. It's pretty funny because there are a few things to remember when putting her in her "big girl bed"... she is very particular:

-She does not like to lay under the quilt (no covers, which is why she still sleeps in socks and footy pajamas). She must be on top.
-Of course, she has to have baby and blankie
-In the morning she lets you know shes up by turning off her monitor and playing with her clock that plays music by her bed.
I am impressed that she hasn't yet tried to get out of bed. She waits for us to come get her. We'll see how long that lasts for. Next task to accomplish...potty training!

10 comments:

k.young said...

Wow. That is awesome. Congrats on the toddler bed. Glad it was an easy transition.

Emily said...

Yeah! I'm glad the transition was so easy. Andrew stayed in his bed until we went to get him until he was 3 1/2 and we said he didn't have to do that anymore. You probably remember his singing in bed~Shark Boy and Lava Girl!

Eliza said...

Wow, potty training...I'm definitely not even ready to think about that one yet! Maybe in the spring!

But the bed--we actually are about to transfer Theo to a bed and I was so excited to see that you posted about doing it and were successful! Any tips?? We were going to do it Saturday night, then Sunday night, but both nights he ended up staying up late and we had visitors so decided to wait...so we're doing it tonight, probably. I'm sure it will be an adventure!

(But seriously if you have any tips I will take them...)

Samye said...

Congrats on the big girl bed!! Halle stayed in her bed until she got tall/strong enough to open her own door. Now she just comes in first thing in the morning and stares at us until we notice her (yes it is really creepy). I am excited for you for your second little girl! Any names?

knjfabela said...

Yeah for her and you! That is so exciting. I am not ready for Kaiya to have that type of freedom. (She has already crawled out of her crib numerous times) I think I will keep her in there as long as I can. Gracie is such a good "big" girl!

Heather said...

awww gosh i seriously CANT believe how big she's getting. soo crazy! what an exciting big step! I hope you guys are doing well! Miss you!

DNAgallows said...

I am impressed she doesn't get out of her bed. That is always a transition for us when our kids can come visit us whenever they want. She is such a big girl! I don't know what to tell you about potty training. Have fun!

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

What a cute picture!. I think Ian is ready for the transition. But I'm not ready for that yet. We'll see what happen when we add another baby to the family.

Stevie and Melinda said...

she is getting way big. love you guys. we have a blog now. steven-melinda.blogspot.com

Jen said...

I love how they look in a "big bed." Ben looks pretty cute too! Love you guys!