Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Updates

I've been out of commission for a while with blogging because I accidentally dropped my laptop on the tile floor. I think my big belly got in the way. So, now I only have Ben's computer to use every now and then when he's playing basketball. Here is an update of the past couple of weeks in the Martino home:

Big Girl Bed: It only took Gracie a week to figure out she could get out of bed herself. She is very good though when she gets up and usually just plays in her room until we come and get her. When she tries to sneak out and we see her she runs back to her room and quickly climbs in bed...its pretty cute. As far as potty training, I'm not quiet sure I'm going to tackle that until after the baby comes...we'll see.

Doctors: Gracie had her 2 year check up and weighed 25 lbs and was 33 1/2 inches (both in the 25th percentile). She was very good and loved having the doctor check everything out. She was especially excited for her shot (I think it's because we play doctor a lot at home and the shot is her favorite instrument). Poor girl, she was in for a big surprise. Afterwards she kept saying, "I sad, I shot, I sad".

32 Weeks: I'm 32 weeks along and everything is going really well. I feel great and look forward to meeting this sweet little girl who moves around in my belly way more than Gracie ever did. If you have any suggestions on names we'd love to hear them. Gracie came with my to my apt. today and insisted on undressing because she remembers that from her apt. She was pulling at her dress when the doctor came in saying, "I nakie doctor". It was pretty funny.

8 comments:

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

You are so darn cute, Emily! You definitely do not look like you could be 32 weeks--you're so petite! That's funny that this baby moves around a lot more. It must be fun to experience the differences between your two girls this early!

k.young said...

How fun. You are just darling, Em! I can't wait to see your new edition! Names are hard. Good luck!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like Gracie is really growing up! It's crazy how it comes out of nowhere and happens so fast!! You look totally great! I like your dress, too.

Young Family said...

I have always loved Ella. I just can't use it I already have my kids named!! You look great!!!

Lauren said...

Nate did the same thing when he was 3 at the Dr.!! He was so excited for the shot and couldn't believe it afterwards! You look adorable by the way.

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

I'm 32 weeks right now and I look like I'm about to pop or to have twins! You are so petite! Seriously I'm just enjoying this pregnancy so much that I'm eating like a pig so no commplains...for now:S.

grannybabs said...

So, my favorite name was always Fiona - it's Irish you know - but I could never get Harry to go for it.

You look great!

santino, polly and little dude Eli said...

Looking great, Emily! And love the doc appt story of Gracie! So cute!