Wednesday, January 7, 2009

All Day Celebration

We had such a wonderful day celebrating Gracie's birthday. We began the morning with pancakes and bacon on the "You are special today" plate. Of course we had to decorate with streamers and balloons to set the mood. That afternoon I had a meeting for church. Luckily the other women at the meeting have kids who Gracie loves to play with. We brought cookies and Gracie thought it was a play date just for her. After the meeting we met up with Daddy at McDonald's for Gracie's very first Happy Meal and let her play in the play area for the first time. She liked the chicken nuggets and especially the toy. It was hilarious watching Ben go through the tunnels and down the slides with her. After her nap, she opened her wagon from Nana and Pop and we went on a nice walk around the neighborhood. The weather was perfect. For dinner we had chicken and broccoli (one of Gracie's favorites) and then opened more presents. Her two favorite things were a flute/recorder (thanks Nora for the good idea) and Mickey Mouse blanket Grandma sent her. We ended the night with a Pazookie from BJ's. I don't think I've ever seen Grace eat that much dessert. She practically ate the whole thing by herself. She was definitely wild when she got home from sugar overload and was fun to play with. I think she somewhat understood it was her birthday, she definitely knew presents and treats were involved, understands that she's now 2, and was such a happy little girl all day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Gracie had a fantastic 2nd birthday! Love how looks so happy in all of the pictures, you can tell she was so excited about all of the events that took place during the day. I wish we could have seen you while you were in town. Love that she played at McDonald's and had her first Happy Meal! Happy Birthday Gracie Girl!

knjfabela said...

Happy meal for a happy girl! It is hard for me to tell who is having more fun going through the tunnel Gracie or Ben! I am so glad she had a wonderful second birthday!

Erin said...

Yay! Happy birthday Gracie! What a cute pic of you and Gracie eating that sundae. She looks as though she enjoyed it! I hope y'all are feeling much better!

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

Happy b-day Gracie. I'm so glad you made a fantastic day for her. 2 years old wow! I still remember when you just moved to the ward. She was so little. I'm getting older :(

Stephanie said...

Looks fun! She's getting so old. That pizookie looks yummy of course. I love kid's birthdays. I think I like them even more than my own!