Thursday, April 9, 2009

First Week Alone

I have officially spent one whole week by myself with no help. We were so sad for Grandma to leave last Wednesday, and I was nervous to begin a new routine with two kids. This week I managed to go to Target, Wal-Mart, Micheal's, doctors appointment, make dinners, keep up with laundry, and go to bed every night before 11, all with two little girls by my side. I must say that to my surprise, it was actually pretty easy. I think it helps having a very good baby. Gracie has been such a sweet big sister and I have loved seeing her help take care of Abigail. I know every week won't be this easy, but I'm counting my blessings for now.

Getting ready for Easter

I tried doing a little photo shoot...didn't turn out how I pictured.

Someone else wanted to try...

My sweet girl who's really into princesses these days

My other sweet girl!


10 comments:

Lauren said...

I am SO excited to hold Abby tonight- she is beautiful! I loved having my two little boys by my side all the time- you seem like you are doing great. Can't wait to see you!

Stephanie said...

Whatever Emily that Easter basket pic is ADORABLE!!! Haha, how funny. I like how she's holding onto the handle for dear life. She is SO cute, you're so lucky! I want her. I wish I had a newborn all the time. Too bad they have to grow up and start trashing the house and fighting with siblings...:(

Heather said...

hahah Steph, you're funny! Emily... what a precious little family you have! August just can't come soon enough! I always tell Nick, " I wish Emily and Ben lived closer!" That Easter basket picture is SO cute! I'm so glad both girls are being good for you! You're a great mom, Em!

Jennie said...

Ohhhh, I can't wait for you all to get here today! I'm dying to get my hands on those sweet baby girls. As adorable as the Easter picture is of Abby, I quite like the one of dear Gracie trying to fit into it. Love, love, love you all!

the Koch's said...

Cute pictures. I love the one of Grace trying to fit into the basket. Abby looks so awake and alert in every picture... too cute! Is she still sleeping 6 hours at night? I am jealous!! I think my kids are too porky to skip a feeding... I guess I am that way too!

Emily said...

You survived a week alone--yeah! Your girls are adorable, I wish I was going to see them this weekend with everyone else. Have a fun egg hunt and all! I love the Easter basket pics!

k.young said...

Your kids are so cute! The pictures are darling!
How lucky that your kids are both SO good! What a good first week alone. I hope they are all easy for you. :)

Jen said...

You are a pro! The pictures of Grace crake me up! She reminds me a lot of somebody else I know... Abby looks so sweet, I can't wait to meet her.

Polly said...

hey the basket pictures turned out really cute, man, I really missed it!

by the way, i have the pictures already a few days ago, but haven't been able to send them to you. i will do it soon! they are so cute!

grannybabs said...

Bonny was an excellent sleeper - went through the night after just 3 weeks - but she cried all day!!

Sounds like all is going well - no reason for it not to continue!!