Saturday, July 25, 2009

4 months


Abigail turned 4 months on Thursday. She had a doctors apt. that day and turns out to be just a tiny thing. She's 11 lbs. 4 oz. and 23 in long. Those are the exact measurements that Gracie was at 4 months. The doctor was a little concerned just because she dropped from the 50th percentile down to the 5th percentile in 2 months. I think it's because she spits up so much and maybe my milk supply is low. (I partially think they might have weighed her wrong at 2 months.) We are supplementing with soy formula and have another apt. this coming Thursday to see how she's doing. I'm not too concerned. Otherwise she is our happy, smiley baby. I can't believe how much she interacts with us. She's been loving sitting in her boppy and playing under her wiggle worm and mega saucer. We've love Abby so much! Don't worry, she won't be wearing that flower bow again until her head's bigger. If she's not sucking on her passy, she's trying to eat her fingers and hands.

7 comments:

grahamkrackers said...

She is adorable! I absolutely love that big smile on her face with the big, white flower in her hair...priceless. I think Addie needs to take a few pointers from Abby about monthly pictures. We are dying to meet her! Happy 4 months Abby.

Stephanie said...

She looks like Ben to me. So cute!

Eric and Aubrey said...

I can't believe she's already 4 months old. She's such a cutie. Wish we were around to get to know her better!

Jen said...

cute outfit, cute bows, cute everything! Four months has flown by!

Jen said...

I forgot to say cute girl!

grannybabs said...

From the mother of a daughter who is now a strong, healthy 38 year-old mother of 4, let me just say that she was small, thin, her head was not large - big heads are overrated too - and make for difficult births - just ask Phoebe!!- anyway, they were always saying how small and thin she was - but she was far and away my healthiest child. Some people are just small and thin - she's a small, thin 38 year-old now!

And sometimes they take too many measurements - if they eat, sleep and smile, and meet the developmental milestones, they are probably fine.

Sorry to go on and on - but it used to bug me because every time I took Bonny in, they would do a blood test - that cost me money - finally I said, "Why do you do this - the test always comes back negative?" (they were sure she was anemic.)

And finally the doctor said, "Yes, I think she's just naturally small, thin and pale!"

(She can sport a great tan now though!)

grandma graham said...

What a HAPPY smiley girl!!! How can you already be 4 month old!! grandma love you sooo much!! XOXO