Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Potty Training


Today marks potty training day 2. Gracie has never gone pee-pee in the potty because she's been a little nervous. Yesterday I decided was the day to start and after about 10 minutes of reading stories on the potty she went. We couldn't believe she went. We had a few accidents of course, but overall she did very good for her first day. She even came up and told me a number of times she had to go and was very excited. We celebrated by going to get ice-cream last night with Daddy. She looks so big and cute in her panties. I already think we need to go up a size in panties with that big booty she has. Hopefully the rest of this week goes well. I'm not looking forward to being home bound, but I am definitely looking forward to having a potty trained girl. What a big girl I have.

6 comments:

KID, MD said...

WOW! I am so impressed that you are potty training with an infant. Looks like Gracie's ready, though. You go! (in the potty!)

Stephanie said...

Oohh...potty training is no fun. Emmy has been telling us many times lately that she needs to go potty (especially very loudly during sac. meeting) and as I type she is running around the house with no diaper (and no underwear) so we'll see. I'm not sure I'm ready for this, but I have a goal to have her done by the end of the summer. Good luck, Gracie should be old enough to catch on *fairly* easily, but I'm sure I'm in for it with Ems.

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

I hate potty training moments haha. It seems that GRacie is doing great though. Ian would have one or two accidents which I hate. He normally tells me he needs to go after he goes to bed just because he wants to stay awake longer..kids

Karina said...

YAY! Congrats for Gracie! Keep it up!

knjfabela said...

Emily,

Hey, I am going private. I need your e-mail so I can add you to my list. karafabela@yahoo.com
Thanks

grannybabs said...

Just remember that it will happen - don't get stressed about it.

It's like sleeping through the night and eating more than one thing only - it will come!