Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

Or should I say it's Been looking a lot like Christmas. We've had our decorations up since a week before Thanksgiving. We were really excited this year and since Ben had the time off we took advantage of him being around.


Tonight the girls and I made and decorated a graham-cracker house. It was a lot of fun and reminded me that I haven't blogged about Christmas time yet.

I must brag about this 8 ft. tree I got this summer from a yard sale for only $10. It's so much better than our 5 ft. one we use to have.

This is a tradition that Nana gave us many years ago that my kids love. Every morning in Dec. they take turns opening a present until Christmas (or in our case this year...until we visit Nana and Pop in Guatemala).

A new tradition that Grandma sent us was an "Elf on the Shelf". It has been working wonders and the girls love finding "Flash" every morning (the name chosen completely by Gracie).

7 comments:

Heather said...

aww! I love your cute christmas decorations! I LOVE your little traditions too! That elf thing is SUCH a cute idea! I bet your girls have so much fun with that! We had an advent calendar growing up too! It was my FAVORITE! My mom gave Nick and I one as well. I bet it's a lot more fun when you have children! I have it hanging up, but no presents or anything. I just wanna squeeze your little girls. I hope I get to see you soon! Love ya!

Stephanie said...

Are you going to Guatemala?! Crazy! Have fun!

We have Elf on the shelf, but I always forget to hide him at night...and Brigham doesn't like him, he thinks it's creepy. But the kids like it. :)

Jennie said...

You are such a FUN, mommy with all of your cute holiday activities! I understand that "elf on the shelf" is coming to Guatemala (so says Karina). You will have to talk to Lauren about Nate and "elf on the shelf." Can't wait to see you all!!!

grannybabs said...

Elf on the shelf sounds like a tradition I could enjoy - Guatemala in December sounds great - have a wonderful time. Hannah and Robbie were there this summer and enjoyed it.

kim said...

What fun things you do! Your tree is awesome!!!

The Lam Fam said...

What fun traditions...you gave me some ideas! :) It was great seeing you guys. Thanks again for stopping by. Merry Christmas!

hanner said...

ohh i love the picture of your dad on the mantel :)