Sunday, October 5, 2008

Nice Weekend

This weekend I scored at a huge yard sale. I got an adorable pottery barn rocking horse for only $15 (usually sells for over $100). Gracie LOVES it! I also got her a lot of cute winter clothes, a tricycle, books, and bowling pins and ball. I remember how I used to think going to yard sales was gross and there was only junk. Now that I'm a Mom I think they are so worth it...I love a good deal!

I also attempted to make homemade cinnamon rolls at Ben's request. I have a really good recipe from my Aunt Robin, but it looked a little too involved for me. The few times I have cooked with yeast the dough has turned out horrible, but I thought I would give it one more try. All three of us didn't wake up until 8:15 Sunday morning and the rolls were a perfect way to continue our relaxed Sunday. They were delicious and Ben even complemented me by saying they were the best cinnamon rolls he's ever had.

Watching conference is a lot different with a toddler. Gracie kept herself pretty well entertained with coloring. It's nice that she now enjoys it and I actually enjoy sitting with her and coloring myself. We had some friends over later in the afternoon which helped distract her. We always love watching General Conference and feel very uplifted and inspired at the end of each session.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Yeah! I LOVE searching and finding good deals at garage sales! I've done very well the last 2 Saturdays. Fun, fun!

Jen said...

I think you already know this, but I'll say it anyways...I LOVE YARD SALES!!!

the Koch's said...

I wish I could reach into your blog and eat a cinnamon roll right now! Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!

kim said...

That horse is adorable! What a good find. I am so impressed that you made homemade cinnamon rolls. I am scared of making things with yeast for some reason.

Anonymous said...

love the great finds at the yard sales. impressive cinnamon rolls! Glad to hear that you are both feeling well again.