Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labor Day

It was a nice treat that Ben had off Labor Day. Not only that but he came home at 4 Friday afternoon, had all of Saturday off and only worked until 5pm Sunday. It was a nice long weekend that went by too quickly.

Friday night he and I went on a date to Cheesecake factory.
Saturday he took the girls to get donuts in the morning and a Daddy-Daughter date in the afternoon to the mall where they played, rode the train and merry-go-round, then to McDonald's for lunch. That night we did night swimming at the Menloves.
Sunday night all of the Kochs had a slumber party and of course Ben and I won at Joker. All the grand kids slept over (except Josh).

Monday morning Grandma made us a big pancake breakfast. The boys played basketball. The kids had a lemonade stand and we went over to the Merkley's for a BBQ and swimming.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That lemonade stand has got to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen! Looks like you've had a fabulous time in Cali!

knjfabela said...

I agree! The stand is adorable. Normally I keep driving past lemonade stands. However, I would have to stop at that one. Glad you had a good weekend with Ben!

grannybabs said...

Makes me resolve to stop at kid-run lemonade stands from now on!

Polly said...

I love how you guys always have fun with the kiddos. What a cute lemonade stand! I wish I drove by and get some from them. They were so cute!

p.s. your comment on my latest blog post has been causing some serious "controversy" among my friends and family. :0 haha.