Thursday, September 30, 2010

San Diego Zoo and LA County Fair

San Diego Zoo

Last weekend I watched my friend Amber's little boy, Brendan, in San Diego. Ben met up with us and we were able to use her free passes to go to the zoo. It was HUGE!!! We took the 40 minute bus tour around the park which was they way to go to see most of the park. The grounds were beautiful. I must admit that I did not love it...at least at this stage in life. The kids were too young. I prefer our small zoo in Waco, Tx that you can get through in a couple hours.
LA County Fair
Last night was my first time at a County Fair.
I didn't realize the 5 hours we were there would all revolve around food. Between 7 adults and 7 kids we ate: 5 ears of corn (covered in butter, mayo, hot sauce, etc.) chili cheese fries, bloomin onion, baked potato, 5 cheese on stick, 3 funnel cakes, a Krispy cream chicken sandwich, 2 carnitas tacos, a caramel apple, and a fried Klondike bar. We would eat and then walk around to find the next thing to eat.
I feel like I got the true fair experience of which I could only handle once a year.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm not a fan of the San Diego zoo, either. I thought all the animals seemed depressed and their habitats were not natural at all! So sad. You look like you're having a great time!

grannybabs said...

Looked like you enjoyed the fair - and in this heat I'm impressed!!

Jennie said...

Looks like a GREAT time! So glad you all made the drive safely back to Texas! I missed seeing you ALL this time around!!!