Friday, October 23, 2009

Dear Gracie

Dear Gracie Girl,

Today is not your birthday and it is not even a special occasion. I just wanted to write a little note to you letting you know how much I love you! These past couple of months you really have grown up so much and have turned into a "big girl". I love that you are so much more independent, but it has made me realize just how much I loved being the one you counted on so much for everything. I just look at you and feel so blessed to have you in my life. I truly couldn't have asked for a better "oldest child". You are so helpful and a wonderful example. Watching you grow up has been the most rewarding thing for me as your mom. Today as you were dancing around outside I started to cry at how perfect you are for me! You and I really do fit together and I love being your best friend! Thank you for keeping me laughing and grateful for all I have...especially you! I love you Gracie
Love, Mommy

6 comments:

k.young said...

Such a sweet post. She will treasure that when she gets older. And so will you!

Jennie said...

Uuhhhh, I just want to snuggle and kiss that precious little face! What sweet feelings to express and I love that you are taking time to "smell the roses" along the journey!

Heather said...

awww... emily k you made me get all teary eyed! you are such a sweet little mommy and gracie is so adorable. She really is growing so fast. Before you know it, she will be driving.. and then off to college... its so crazy how time flies! Thank you for helping me remember to soak in each day and never take a moment with loved ones for grantid! Love you Frien!!!

Coslett's said...

what a sweet darling nurturing mother you are! this is one of the qualities I love about you! how tendor you are and sincere with your thoughts and feelings! your children are so lucky to have you as their mother!

Polly said...

This is so sweet! You are the best mom!

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

You are so sweet. She surely is lucky to have you as mom.