Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Daddy-Daughter Date

Ben has been gone a lot and getting home really late when the girls are already in bed. There were many days last week when they didn't even see him. So, Friday night Ben decided to take Gracie on a date so they could have some time together. They went to the movies to see "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs". Gracie was so exited to go on a date. She picked out her own outfit, needed a purse (with lots of candy inside), and wanted perfume as well as lipstick. I guess she's pretty observant watching me get ready. The movie was in 3D and the glasses were huge on Grace's little face. Since Ben picked up the tickets and glasses earlier that day we were able to come up with a little concoction with a hat and some glue to make the glasses work for her. It was cute seeing the two of them go on a little date, and we'll have to make it happen more often...but I must say, when is it my turn?

11 comments:

KID, MD said...

Yeah, when is it your turn?? I think we owe y'all a date night - bring those cute girls over here!

Jennie said...

Oh, that is so cute! I love her outfit and glasses...what adorable little girls!

Lauren said...

She is such a crack up- I'd love to have her a little bit while you're in Chicago! Kinz wore her tutu the other night and looked so adorable! She also wears the Halloween bow daily. Thanks Em! Come stay anytime when Ben is going to be gone for awhile! I'd love to learn to make the bows and we could do some baking.

grahamkrackers said...

that is adorable. so fun!

Heather said...

oh I love it! He is such a fun dad. I love that you let Gracie pick out an outfit and get ready! so cute. I hope benny boo gets the chance to take you out on a hot date soon! I know it's hard! I'll be in your shoes soon! Love ya!!

Unknown said...

She is a ham. I can't wait to see her again in a few weeks!

Karina said...

sorry - it was me above on Chris' account

grannybabs said...

Daddys and Daughters are the best!!

Anonymous said...

what a fun idea! LOVE her outfit...and very creative with the glasses/hat to keep it on her little head.

the Koch's said...

Very inventive with the glasses. She looks like she is in some Halloween costume! Super cute!

Polly said...

So Em, now I know you like to stuff your purse with candies. How fun to see Gracie is becoming such a big girl and she can hang out with you guys like that.

Yeah, you go ask Ben about your turn... I guess someday will be Eli and my turn!