Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Donut Party





A while back I asked Gracie what kind of party she wanted for her birthday, and the first thing out of her mouth was a "donut party", I wasn't quite sure what to think. She was probably thinking more of what she wanted to eat at a party, but it gave me a great idea of what theme to base her party around.
She had her friends(10) over from playgroup and they decorated aprons and became chefs by decorating their own donut with frosting and sprinkles. We also played pin the tail on the donkey and ring around the rosey.
It was the perfect party for three year olds. We had tons of fun, and Gracie loved every minute of it. However, I decided next year that we'll stick with just one party. Happy Birthday my sweet 3 year old!

7 comments:

Heather said...

aw you're such a great mom! so creative, em! looks like a blast! happy birthday gracie girl!

Stephanie said...

What a fun party! 10 kids is a LOT!The older my kids get, the less cool their parties are becoming. Oh well. Maybe I'll get remotivated soon. Just last night I asked Emily what kind of party she wants this year and she said a "Pinkalicious Party." Hmmm... at least it's not until May.

the Koch's said...

No donut eating contest? Looks like another fun event from the party planner. I might copy this idea for Charlie.

santino, polly and little dude Eli said...

Emily, you are so creative! Eli is turning 1 and I am scratching my head to think about what to do for his b-day... I am thinking just a cake with Eli and invite Daddy... boring I know only if I have a brain like yours... :)

p.s. I love Gracie's signature smiles in her pictures!

Emily said...

I love that she had a donut party! Happ Birthday Gracie!

grannybabs said...

A donut party sounds like something fun all right - if it hadn't been January, you could have had a "dunkin'" booth too!

grandma graham said...

Look like so much fun!! I wish I could have been at your donut party! Grandma loves donuts!!!