Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sewing

I actually made this dress a few months ago for Grace to wear to preschool since she is in the froggy class, but it has been too big for her. I put it on her the other day and realized it's probably not too big, I just cut it too wide. Also, after only wearing it one time, Gracie woke up from her nap with the ribbon ripped off of one shoulder. Next, I'll need to learn how to child proof clothing so when my girls wear them they won't come apart (or just follow the directions better). My good friend Katie taught me how to follow a pattern and learn the "language" of a seamstress. She even helped me tweak the pattern and add the ribbon at the top and ruffle at the bottom...Thanks Katie!



7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Nice, Emily!

Heather said...

so cute Em! I wish I could sew!

kim said...

Good job Em! You have become quite crafty!!!

the Koch's said...

SUPER cute!

grandma graham said...

Cute, Cute, froggy dress Gracie!!! Good job Em, I'm impressed!!!

KID, MD said...

She's too cute!!

Emily said...

SO impressed! Way cute!